Protection of personal data
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) entered into force on 25 May 2018 and imposed new requirements on how personal data is handled. In this regard, we have prepared the following information and contacts in case you wish to change the data you provide on this website.
What is GDPR and why is it needed?
The GDPR forces businesses to better organize their data structures, to minimize the amount of collected personal data and to conceptualize the protection of personal data, as well as to reorganize their structure. Data administrators will be required to know where their users’ data is stored and who has access to it. From the consumers’ point of view, the GDPR aims to ensure that they have control over the data they provide or have already provided in order to obtain a service online. The GDPR affects any business handling EU consumers’ data.
Why are cookies and/or personal data needed on this site?
The functionality of any website depends on how well it can use the information you provide. Depending on whether you consent to the administration of your personal data on this site, the functionalities that you will be able to access will vary. For example:
- Cookies are needed to store checkout steps, site login, login details, comments, social sharing, preferences and site settings (where available). Without them, the latter would not be possible, and therefore the site would not function properly. For example, even YouTube videos will not load.
- Personal, profile data, such as name, phone, email, are needed to place an order and form a purchase protocol, detail your purchase and ensure good terms for subsequent ones.
- Marketing cookies and data are needed to provide advertisements matching your interests, targeting and directing businesses to promotional content personally available to you, and notifications of new/promotional services/products that this site provides.
What are my rights?
The new regulation treats almost all statistical data as personal information by which a user can be identified. Previously, tools such as adblocker/ghostly and other browser add-ons had to be used to prevent this information from being obtained. Now, for sites operating within the EU, this is illegal.
- Users must explicitly and clearly consent to their data being processed and accessed for each individual purpose for which it will be used.
- Users must be able to edit, delete and save their personal data from websites and, most importantly, be notified if their security is breached.
- Users should have access to an explanation of how their data is stored, what the security measures are and who has access to it. This information can be found further down this page.
What personal data is processed and for what purpose?
By clicking on the “I agree” button on the message notifying you of the regulation, you give the administrators of this website the right to use pseudonymized data about you as part of global website traffic statistics. Such data are for example IP, referrer, browser/OS
If you agree, this data will only be used and fed to website traffic analysis tools, conversions and direct remarketing via Google and/or Facebook platforms.
If you do not consent, data about you will not be stored, sent to third parties/tools and processed.
By registering on this site (where possible) you may provide your consent for the administrators of this site to notify you in a pre-arranged manner of promotions, campaigns etc.
How can I exercise my rights for this website?
- By clicking on your username/profile icon/link to your profile, you can edit it.
- In the event that you wish to withdraw your consent provided during registration, delete your profile, or request all data associated with your profile, you may do so by e-mailing the website administrators, whose contact details can be found on the “Contacts” page. The deadline for reply is one month. In case of doubt, additional information may be requested to identify you as the subject of the personal data you request.
- Delete all cookies that this site has stored on your browser.
- Block Google Analytics cookies (browser addon).
- Blocking most trackers, but the option to accept the terms of this site, you can use addons such as Ghostery, AdBlock, gpdr please and others.
Where and how is personal data stored? What security measures are in place?
The data you submit to this website is submitted via HTTPs the most secure means of encrypting data sent by a user to a server. In our database, passwords and other sensitive information (if available) are additionally handled by hashing/encryption.
Server storage facilities are only accessible to administrators with special access and comply with EU regulations (including to be located within the EU).
For what purposes are they processed?
The data submitted in contact forms, such as e-mail and name, is stored solely for the purpose of responding to an enquiry and for a history of enquiries. Upon request, they can be anonymised.
Data submitted through registration forms is used to identify you as a user and provide accessibility to expanded and more personalized information/resources on the website. The storage of this data respects the security measures mentioned above.
For what period of time will it be stored?
Anonymous data is stored for statistical purposes for as long as it is needed to provide the requested functionality.
Data submitted for the provision of a service or functionality on the site will be stored lawfully for the purpose of statistics and technical provision and reference.
Who are the users and recipients of the personal data?
The data that we receive directly from your web browser, (when you click “I agree”) is sent, in order to improve the service, structure and functionality of the site, to systems for analysing website traffic information and the audience of the site. This data may be used for anonymous direct remarketing if you allow. The tools we use and their respective rules and regulations are:
- G-Suite / Google Analytics
In case you have subscribed to the newsletter, the data you provide will be used for notifications about promotions, notifications and messages related to the website and concerning topics that concern you.
In case you have registered (where possible), you have given your consent to the processing of your data in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of the website. Your data will be used for the purpose of providing services related to registration on the website. This includes, but is not limited to: ordering, profile information, site settings, user lists, personal messages, etc. If you wish to find out more about the data you have provided to this website, please contact the administrator.
Generally, only the administrators of this website, including technical personnel from the website developer company (listed in the footer) have access to your data depending on the information shared.
To make this website work properly, we sometimes store small data files called cookies on your device.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They allow the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as username, language, font size, order content and other display settings) for a set period of time so you don’t have to enter them each time you visit the site or move from page to page.
How do you control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies whenever you want – for more information see aboutcookies.org. You can delete any cookies already stored on your computer, and you can also set most browsers to block them. However, if you do this, you may have to manually set some parameters each time you visit a site, and some services and features may not work.